Sunday, November 28, 2004

The Proof is in the Pudding

Riding the bus to work today, I was confronted by a younger gentleman clothed in one of those gentlemanly plain-black "hoodie" hooded sweatshirts -- the same ones featured in that incomprehensibly hate filled, Bush-bashing, Swastika-showcasing terror-fest of a video entitled "Mosh" by caucasian rapper (and big-time Kerry supporter) Eminem.

This young gentleman had apparently seen my "Bash Bush, And I'll Bash Your Skull In" t-shirt, which was much more patriotic than his thuggish black Eminem-style hate-hoodie. He was clearly jealous of my style and my political persuasion. He whined to me. We started talking about the election, President Bush, and the media. I mentioned the phrase "liberal media" (a term which sends liberals into a cowardly state in which many boots are shaken from within), and he turned a bright pink color.

A verbal spat ensued.

Soon, this sixties-style hippie cheerfully (yet erroneously) dared point out that the media was, "in fact, right-wing, and if you can't see that, you haven't been paying attention".

Apparently what I thought had been years of paying attention to liberal-biased, anti-American media, was something akin to a confusion-inducing marijuana high. Either that, or this guy's fumes were just getting to me after sitting next to him on the bus for one stop too many.

To such blunt-trauma-to-the-cerebrum sufferers -- I like to call them Liberal Media Deniers -- I have a newsflash for you: the media is liberal. If you can't see that, you haven't been paying attention.

I have.

And I can tell you, my friends: the proof is in the pudding. Just view the media in action today, and the bias is evident, and overwhelming. Anti-Bush, anti-freedom, anti-everything-patriotic-Americans-stand-for.

If you think the "liberal media" is simply a right-wing myth, then you're either permanently fried from the wacky tobacky, or you've seen one too many Eminem videos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home